Congratulations to Melvin Smith, whose work is vital to the survival of the Critically Endangered pencil cedar.
To celebrate World Environment Day, we delve into a few GTC projects which emphasise the recovery of threatened tree species within the ecosystem.
We’re involved in a range of projects around the world working for the conservation of threatened tree species. Here are some of our latest projects:
- Conserving three endemic trees on Cape Verde’s “Island of Flowers”
- Conserving five highly threatened Magnolias in México
- Preventing extinction of dry thorn forest tree species of the Marañón Valley, Peru
The Global Trees Campaign is building a selection of profiles for trees of interest.
Some of the latest trees we have added to the site are:
- Acaju-catinga – Cedrela fissilis
- Euphorbia cussonoides – Euphorbia cussonoides
- Chinese Swamp Cypress – Glyptostrobus pensilis
- Nothofagus alessandrii – Nothofagus alessandrii
- Menai Whitebeam – Sorbus arvonensis
- Faveiro-de-Wilson – Dimorphandra wilsonii
- Rathu Mihiriya – Polyspora gardneri
- Salix kikodseae – Salix kikodseae
- Karomia gigas – Karomia gigas
- Sugar Maple – Acer skutchii