On International Women’s Day, we celebrate the plant conservation achievements made by women globally.
The soil is incredibly important to plants for their survival and growth. Find out about how it is influencing our Mulanje Cedar project.
We’re involved in a range of projects around the world working for the conservation of threatened tree species. Here are some of our latest projects:
- Conserving five highly threatened Magnolias in México
- Preventing extinction of dry thorn forest tree species of the Marañón Valley, Peru
- Supply and Demand: Restoration in Uganda for people and biodiversity
The Global Trees Campaign is building a selection of profiles for trees of interest.
Some of the latest trees we have added to the site are:
- Acaju-catinga – Cedrela fissilis
- Euphorbia cussonoides – Euphorbia cussonoides
- Chinese Swamp Cypress – Glyptostrobus pensilis
- Nothofagus alessandrii – Nothofagus alessandrii
- Menai Whitebeam – Sorbus arvonensis
- Faveiro-de-Wilson – Dimorphandra wilsonii
- Rathu Mihiriya – Polyspora gardneri
- Salix kikodseae – Salix kikodseae
- Karomia gigas – Karomia gigas
- Sugar Maple – Acer skutchii