GTC projects from the past 20 years demonstrate that we can effectively protect & conserve threatened tree species. Now is the time for global action!
The State of the World’s Trees shows that 30% of all tree species – more than 17,500 species – are threatened with extinction.
The Global Trees Campaign works with partners around the world to carry out conservation projects for threatened tree species. Here are some of our latest projects:
- Securing the conservation of endemic trees in Puerto Rico
- Avoiding tree extinctions in Mauritius
- Conserving three endemic trees on Cape Verde’s “Island of Flowers”
The Global Trees Campaign website hosts a selection of profiles for threatened trees.
Some of the latest trees we have added to the site are:
- Acaju-catinga – Cedrela fissilis
- Euphorbia cussonoides – Euphorbia cussonoides
- Chinese Swamp Cypress – Glyptostrobus pensilis
- Nothofagus alessandrii – Nothofagus alessandrii
- Menai Whitebeam – Sorbus arvonensis
- Faveiro-de-Wilson – Dimorphandra wilsonii
- Rathu Mihiriya – Polyspora gardneri
- Salix kikodseae – Salix kikodseae
- Karomia gigas – Karomia gigas
- Sugar Maple – Acer skutchii