To celebrate World Environment Day, we delve into a few GTC projects which emphasise the recovery of threatened tree species within the ecosystem.
On International Women’s Day, we celebrate the plant conservation achievements made by women globally.
We’re involved in a range of projects around the world working for the conservation of threatened tree species. Here are some of our latest projects:
- Conserving three endemic trees on Cape Verde’s “Island of Flowers”
- Conserving five highly threatened Magnolias in México
- Preventing extinction of dry thorn forest tree species of the Marañón Valley, Peru
The Global Trees Campaign is building a selection of profiles for trees of interest.
Some of the latest trees we have added to the site are:
- Acaju-catinga – Cedrela fissilis
- Euphorbia cussonoides – Euphorbia cussonoides
- Chinese Swamp Cypress – Glyptostrobus pensilis
- Nothofagus alessandrii – Nothofagus alessandrii
- Menai Whitebeam – Sorbus arvonensis
- Faveiro-de-Wilson – Dimorphandra wilsonii
- Rathu Mihiriya – Polyspora gardneri
- Salix kikodseae – Salix kikodseae
- Karomia gigas – Karomia gigas
- Sugar Maple – Acer skutchii